ABOUT AXA PRIVATE EQUITY
AXA Private Equity is a world leader in private equity, with assets of 28 billion dollars managed or advised in Europe, North America and Asia. The company offers its investors a wide choice of funds covering the full range of asset classes: Funds of Funds (primary, early secondary and secondary), direct funds including Infrastructure, Small and Mid Market Enterprise Capital, Innovation & Growth, Co-Investment and Private Debt.
With offices in Paris, Frankfurt, New York, Singapore, Milan, London, Zurich, Vienna and Luxembourg, AXA Private Equity is committed to supporting companies in their long term growth by providing access to its international network. AXA Private Equity sets great store by the regularity and quality of its reporting on the performance of its funds and the performance of the companies in its portfolio, as a service to its investors.
Kermel as it exists today came into being in July 1992, in the form of a joint-venture set up by Rhône-Poulenc Aramides and Amoco Fabrics & Fibers Company.
After Rhône-Poulenc bought Amoco’s shares, Kermel became a fully-owned subsidiary of Rhône-Poulenc in August 1996. In 1998, Kermel joined Rhodia before being acquired by its management team through a MBO alongside Argos Soditic in September 2002.
In 2007, Equistone became the reference shareholder of Kermel until today and the current transaction with Qualium being the new majority shareholder of the Company alongside the management team.
List of Participants inolved
- Lenders: AXA Private Debt - Cécile Mayer-Lévi, Jean-Marc Fiamma, Grégory Pernot
- Buyers: Qualium - Paul Costa de Beauregard, Boris Podevin, Cyprien Choutet, Julie Khayat
- Sellors: Equistone - Guillaume Jacqueau, Julie Lorin, Grégoire Schlumberger
- Legal: Paul Hastings (Qualium), SJ Berwin (AXA Private Debt), Hoche (Management), HPML (Equistone)
- Financial: Eight Advisory (Qualium), Callisto (Management)
- M&A: Gimar Finance (Qualium), BNP Paribas Corporate Finance (Equistone)
- Strategic: Gherzi, Alcimed
- Environmental: ERM
- Insurance: Marsh