Ardian, a world-leading private investment house, together with Cathay Capital, are pleased to announce that their simplified tender offer for the remaining shares of Artefact, a leader in data services, has been accepted.
As the required conditions were met at the closing of the offer, the mandatory withdrawal on Artefact shares will be effective as of 21 December 2021 at €7.80 per share. Artefact's legacy managers are also supporting this offer by reinvesting substantially alongside Ardian, to ensure the continuity of governance with Vincent Luciani as Group CEO.
Artefact was founded in 2014 by Vincent Luciani and Guillaume de Roquemaurel. After rapid international expansion, Artefact established itself as a leader in data-driven business transformation, with the aim of creating value by bridging the gap between data and business.
Today, Artefact has a global network, with operations across the world in Europe, Asia, the Middle East, the Americas and Africa, and over 800 employees. The company has partnered with major brands such as L'Oréal, Danone, Sanofi Orange and also supports major international accounts across a range of sectors from FMCG, Retail, Luxury, Telecoms, Healthcare, Tourism and Industry including for example: Samsung and Unilever.
Artefact's data offerings have demonstrated their ability to scale AI projects globally, especially as only 10 to 15% of companies are currently incorporating data science-based solutions into their operations successfully. Artefact enables the implementation of fundamental services such as data governance and infrastructure, and the development of specialized solutions (call centre automation, demand forecasting, recommendation engines, and fraud detection). Artefact also has the most complete data-driven marketing portfolio on the market.
In a market driven by exponential growth in data, Ardian's Expansion team, alongside Cathay Capital, a global investment firm with a strong presence in Asia, will support Artefact's management team in a new phase of acceleration with the aim of becoming a global data services leader.
The new shareholders will support the group in its geographical expansion in Europe, Asia and the United States thanks to their global network and the significant resources that will be provided to the Group. Artefact will invest in an ambitious recruitment program for new talent with the aim of tripling its workforce by 2025, with already 500 recruitments planned for 2022. Finally, the Group will be an active player in the consolidation of the market by accelerating strategic acquisitions in a still highly fragmented data services market.
Artefact's strength lies in the excellence of its people who are drawn to a company dedicated to building the next generation of “data leaders”. Strong human values, a committed CSR policy, and a continual job training, make Artefact one of the data industry’s most sought-after employers.
"The alliance with Ardian definitely marks a major turning point in the history of Artefact. The delisting and the arrival of a shareholder like Ardian, a strategic and long-term oriented investor, allows us to deploy an ambitious growth and recruitment plan, anchored on the high added value of our talents." Vincent Luciani, Co-Founder and CEO of Artefact
"Our objective is to support this excellent management team in its ambition to become a world leader in data services. Our global network, expertise and significant resources will be available to Artefact and will help accelerate the group’s growth by strengthening its appeal to new talent by pursuing an ambitious market consolidation strategy.” Marie Arnaud-Battandier, Managing Director, Expansion team, Ardian
"We're delighted to partner with Artefact and its management team alongside Ardian in a new phase of development. Artefact has built a strong client-recognized expertise in the field of data services and benefits from major growth potential in France and abroad. Cathay Capital will support Artefact's ambitious organic and external growth strategy thanks to our technological know-how and ecosystem, especially in China." Jérémie Falzone, Partner, Cathay Capital
PARTIES TO THE TRANSACTION
- Marie Arnaud- Battandier, Stephan Torra, Thomas Grétéré, Leslie Parmast.
- Legal advisors: Latham & Watkins (Olivier Du Mottay, Olivia Rauch-Ravisé, Philippe Tesson, Mayssa Sader Michel Houdayer)
- Financial advisors: Sycomore Corporate Finance (Tristan Dupont, Olivier Barret, Pierre-Arnaud De Lacharrière, Marion Pouchain), Clipperton Finance (Nicolas von Bulow, Martin Vielle), Natixis Partners (Philippe Charbonnier)
- Financial advisors for the public offer: Société Générale (Stéphanie Kordonian, Stephane Krief, Asgar Sondarjee, Florent Guillermain)
- Commercial Due Diligence: Bain & Company (Daphné Vattier, Thibaud Chabrelié, Guillaume Tobler)
- Financial Due Diligence: Alvarez & Marsal (Ghislain De Seze, Simon Regad, Guillaume Blanchard)
- Legal, tax and social Due Diligence: Kpmg Avocats (Xavier Houard, Thomas Chardenal)
- Insurance Due Diligence: Finaxy (Deborah Hauchemaille)
- Debt: Eurazeo (Eric Gallerne, Olivier Sesboüe), Tikehau, Eiffel, Bpi - Conseil juridique financement des banques: Paul Hastings (Olivier Vermeulen)
- Jérémie Falzone, Benoît Seringe, Bertrand Uchan, Marc Lin
- Commercial Due Diligence: Roland Berger (Jean-Michel Cagin, Cyrille Vincey)
- Legal advisors: Hogan Lovells (Stéphane Huten, Arnaud Deparday)
- Vincent Luciani CEO Artefact
- Guillaume De Roquemaurel Président du Conseil De Surveillance Artefact
- Hayette Soltani Chief Financial Officer Artefact
- Legal advisors: BDGS (Youssef Djehane, François Baylion, Marie Dupin, Jules Brizi)
- Legal advisors to the management: Jausserand & Audouard (Tristan Audouard, Carole Degonse, Antoine Le Roux)
- Financial advisors: Cambon Partners (Guillaume Teboul, Michael Azencot, Samuel Koubi, Côme Mullie)
- Financial Due Diligence: Alvarez & Marsal (Frédéric Steiner, Nicolas Guillo, Baptiste Rideau)
- Legal, tax and social Due Diligence: EY (Mathieu Dautriat, Charles Moulette, Solal Blanc, Adrien Khaznadji, Sylvie Magnen, Thomas Jaegle)
Ardian is a world leading private investment house with assets of US$120bn managed or advised in Europe, the Americas and Asia. The company is majority-owned by its employees. It keeps entrepreneurship at its heart and focuses on delivering excellent investment performance to its global investor base. Through its commitment to shared outcomes for all stakeholders, Ardian’s activities fuel individual, corporate and economic growth around the world.
Holding close its core values of excellence, loyalty and entrepreneurship, Ardian maintains a truly global network, with more than 800 employees working from fifteen offices across Europe (Frankfurt, Jersey, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan, Paris and Zurich), the Americas (New York, San Francisco and Santiago) and Asia (Beijing, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul). It manages funds on behalf of more than 1,100 clients through five pillars of investment expertise: Fund of Funds, Direct Funds, Infrastructure, Real Estate and Private Debt.
ABOUT CATHAY CAPITAL GROUP
Cathay Capital Group is a global investment firm supporting companies at all stages throughout North America, Asia, Europe and Africa. By helping navigate the opportunities of globalization and sustainable transformation, Cathay is the partner of choice for companies aspiring to lead markets and make a positive impact. Its global platform connects people – from investors and entrepreneurs to management teams and leading corporations – across continents to share knowledge, the tools to scale, and achieve the extraordinary. Founded in 2007 with a strong entrepreneurial heritage, Cathay Capital now manages over $4.5B in assets, has completed over 220 buyouts, growth and venture capital investments with the global reach and local expertise from offices in Paris, New York, Shanghai, Munich, San Francisco, Beijing, Singapore, Shenzhen and Tel Aviv.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter @CathayCapital
Artefact is a next-generation end-to-end data services company specialising in data transformation and data & digital marketing, transforming data into impact across the entire enterprise value chain Artefact's unique approach, by bridging the gap between data and businesses, enables our clients to achieve their business goals in a dedicated and efficient manner. Our 800 employees combine their multi-disciplinary skills to help companies innovate and grow. Our cutting-edge Artificial Intelligence technologies and agile methods ensure the success of our clients' AI projects, from design to deployment, training and change management. With 16 offices in Europe, Asia, North America, Latin America and Africa, we partner with leading global brands such as Orange, Samsung, L'Oréal, and Sanofi.