Ardian is a world-leading private investment house with assets of US$114bn managed or advised in Europe, the Americas and Asia. The company is majority-owned by its employees. It keeps entrepreneurship at its heart and focuses on delivering excellent investment performance to its global investor base. Through its commitment to shared outcomes for all stakeholders, Ardian’s activities fuel individual, corporate and economic growth around the world. Holding close its core values of excellence, loyalty and entrepreneurship, Ardian maintains a truly global network, with more than 800 employees working from fifteen offices across Europe (Frankfurt, Jersey, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan, Paris and Zurich), the Americas (New York, San Francisco and Santiago) and Asia (Beijing, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul). It manages funds on behalf of more than 1,200 clients through five pillars of investment expertise: Fund of Funds, Direct Funds, Infrastructure, Real Estate and Private Debt.
Within Ardian, the Investor Relations department is in charge of the fundraising of all the company’s funds and the day-to-day monitoring of investor relations. The Investor Relations team is made up of three divisions: the Product Management, Client Servicing and Investor Relations Managers (IRMs).
Over the years, co-investments have become a key tool for Private Equity companies to strengthen ties with their Limited Partners. Faced with a growing interest in co-investments and even a growing demand for co-investment rights, Ardian has recently set up a Syndication team, within Investor Relations, to manage all co-investment processes across all the expertises of the house.
Key responsibilities of the Syndication Analyst will include:
Launch & Management of Syndication Processes:
- Participation, alongside with the investment team, the IRMs and other departments (Legal, Compliance, Fund Finance), in decisions regarding (i) the selection of the investors invited to the given transaction and (ii) the amounts offered to them
- Help with the drafting / layout of commercial documentation (e.g. teaser, investment memorandum) in close collaboration with the management team
- Monitoring investor appetites for the transaction and their potential requests as part of their due diligence with the help of the management team
- Organization of calls with investment team, IRMs, Fund Finance and Legal to monitor and coordinate the syndication process internally
- Collection of subscription documentation from investors and review of them in collaboration with the support functions involved (Legal, Compliance, Fund Finance)
- Preparation of follow-up documents and overseeing of the overall proper execution of closings
- Preparation of a monthly syndication reporting sent to the Chairman and the Executive Committee
- Regular update of the consolidated syndication database
- The candidate must be particularly rigorous with strong discipline; ability to organize and perform work efficiently
- The candidate must have solid interpersonal skills, and be a strong team player
- Analytical, writing and creativity skills, appetite for IT tools and competency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Master’s degree and/or Major in Finance from Business/Management School or University
- Native or Fluent English + Fluent French is required for this role
- 1 to 3 years of experience. Experience in a finance and/or related position is a plus
Please send your CV and motivation letter by clicking APPLY →