By joining the team, you will have the chance to contribute to the development of its sustainability activity in a leading global private equity firm.
At Ardian, we invest all of ourselves in building companies that last. Ardian is a world-leading private investment house with assets of US$125bn managed or advised in Europe, the Americas and Asia. The company is majority-owned by its employees. It keeps entrepreneurship at its heart and focuses on delivering excellent investment performance to its global investor base. Through its commitment to shared outcomes for all stakeholders, Ardian’s activities fuel individual, corporate and economic growth around the world. Holding close its core values of excellence, loyalty and entrepreneurship, Ardian maintains a truly global network, with more than 860 employees working from fifteen offices across Europe (Frankfurt, Jersey, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan, Paris and Zurich), the Americas (New York, San Francisco and Santiago) and Asia (Beijing, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul). It manages funds on behalf of more than 1,200 clients through five pillars of investment expertise: Fund of Funds, Direct Funds, Infrastructure, Real Estate and Private Debt.
For Ardian, Sustainability is a strategic priority. Ardian launched its Sustainability activity in 2008, under the leadership of its CEO, Dominique Senequier, with the creation of its Profit-sharing initiative through which we strive to redistribute a portion of capital gains to employees of exited companies. Since then, Ardian has continuously developed its Sustainability approach, creating, and implementing tailored ESG programs and innovative impact management systems for all its investment strategies and own operations with the objective to drive positive changes at scale. In order to address increasing ESG-related stakeholders’ requests and rising number of Sustainability projects, Ardian is looking to reinforce its dedicated team with a Sustainability Associate / Senior Associate.
You will join a team of 6 Sustainability experts working on transversal projects throughout all Ardian’s activities, with international exposure. You will have the opportunity to directly contribute to the Sustainability activity development focusing on new ESG regulations and will be involved in projects gathering a wide range of stakeholders across investment strategies, in a stimulating working environment.
Your main responsibilities will be:
Implementation of ESG regulations in Ardian investments
- Classification of new funds in coordination with investment teams, legal and investor relation teams
- For article 9 funds, contribute to deal selection process
- Adaptation of investment policies and processes according to ESG regulations
- Develop and implement ESG data collection and reporting frameworks tailored to all Ardian investment activities specificities, in line with regulations (fund management reports...)
- Help respond to clients questions on impact of ESG regulations on their investments
Implementation of ESG regulations in Ardian operations
- Develop and produce corporate reporting required by ESG regulations applicable to Ardian Group and Ardian Headquarter
- Support local teams in Ardian offices to implement ESG regulations
- Internal knowledge sharing training
- Coordination with external consultants where applicable
Participation in ESG Regulatory Steering Committee and contribution to regular updates to Ardian Executive Committee
- Provide overview of implementation of ESG regulation projects
- Monitoring of upcoming local/regional /global ESG regulations which could affect Ardian or its portfolio companies
Conduct strategic monitoring of ESG regulations and frameworks (Europe, UK, US and rest of the world)
- Regularly write memos on developing ESG regulations and implications for Ardian that could be shared internally
- Relevant knowledge of ESG regulatory frameworks
- Knowledge of Private Investment specificities is a plus
- Excellent written communication skills in English & French
- Strong analytical capabilities, logical and structured mind, detail and deadline-oriented
- Ability to organize and perform work efficiently, project management capacities, ability to anticipate
- Intellectual agility to work on multiple work streams simultaneously, with a wide range of internal stakeholders
- Solid interpersonal skills, strong team player
- Pro-active and entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to engage with multiple stakeholders
- A master’s degree: University, Business School, Engineering School
- Relevant work experience 2 to 5 years in Sustainable Finance or Corporate experience with ESG/CSR reporting credentials
- ESG/Sustainability background
Please send Cv + motivation letter
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
At ARDIAN, we are proud of our diverse culture. As a forward thinking organization, we recognize that having people from different backgrounds brings innovation and excellence. Therefore, a diverse and inclusive environment is key to our business success.
Ardian is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information, ancestry, marital status as a victim of domestic violence, pregnancy or child birth (including breastfeeding) or any other class protected by federal, state or local laws. It is our policy to comply with all applicable laws governing employment practices and not to discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of your employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement and promotion.