Our Zurich office is looking for an Intern to join Ardian’s Customized Solutions team, starting in June/July 2022 (or upon agreement), and for a duration of 6 months.
Ardian is a world-leading private investment house with assets of US$120bn managed or advised in Europe, the Americas and Asia. The company is majority-owned by its employees. It keeps entrepreneurship at its heart and focuses on delivering excellent investment performance to its global investor base. Through its commitment to shared outcomes for all stakeholders, Ardian’s activities fuel individual, corporate and economic growth around the world. Holding close its core values of excellence, loyalty and entrepreneurship, Ardian maintains a truly global network, with more than 830 employees working from fifteen offices across Europe (Frankfurt, Jersey, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan, Paris and Zurich), the Americas (New York, San Francisco and Santiago) and Asia (Beijing, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul). It manages funds on behalf of over 1,200 clients through five pillars of investment expertise: Fund of Funds, Direct Funds, Infrastructure, Real Estate and Private Debt. Importantly, the company is a leading provider of high-quality Customized Solutions in private market asset classes.
Ardian’s dedicated Customized Solutions team based in Zurich develops and creates proposals for bespoke private market fund solutions that precisely fit our clients’ needs. You will support the team in its global fundraising activities from day one and will play a key role in the team, with responsibilities and opportunities including:
- Supporting the creation of tailored private market fund solution proposals for large institutional investors worldwide
- Transforming complex investment ideas into convincing fundraising content in different private market asset classes including Private Equity, Infrastructure, Private Debt and Real Estate
- Developing concise marketing material for Ardian’s bespoke investment programs and working on a wide range of solutions for different client segments globally
- Updating the Customized Solutions’ proposal databases and support the development of internal tools and processes
- Participation in the team’s discussions and close collaboration with senior professionals in investment and specialist teams across Ardian
- Opportunity to broaden your knowledge of private markets and develop capabilities in a world-leading private investment house characterized by a growth-oriented entrepreneurial culture
As a member of a young, dynamic and growing team, our Interns have the opportunity to bring in their own initiatives and, based on performance, can take on increasing responsibility throughout their internship, even up to taking the lead on select Customized Solution proposals.
- Multi-tasking and organization skills; capable of managing deadlines and working under pressure on multiple tasks
- Strong writing skills and ability to transform complex ideas into convincing high-quality content, combined with a high attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and efficiently; eager to learn on-the-job
- Reliable team player with a broad set of quantitative, qualitative and strong interpersonal competencies
- Professional demeanor with excellent skills in English (verbal and written) as well as fluent/native in German and/or French; further language skills are an advantage
- Proficient user of MS Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint); VBA skills are a plus
- Final-year university student or recent graduate (Master’s or Bachelor’s degree) in Finance, Banking, Business, Economics or related studies with top academic credentials from a leading university
- Relevant internship experience in the financial services, consulting or in marketing in comparable industries; prior experience with investment proposal processes (RFIs, RFPs and presentations) is a strong advantage
- Keen interest in private markets, with a basic knowledge of private market investments; previous exposure to fund of funds (primaries, secondaries and co-investments) is a strong advantage
- Domiciled and eligible to work in Switzerland
About the Team
Ardian has been a leading provider of high-quality tailored investment solutions for private market asset classes for more than 20 years. Ardian’s dedicated Customized Solutions team is based in Zurich and is responsible for the global fundraising and development of bespoke client solutions with a variety of portfolio compositions, investment objectives and targets, including both diversified and focused portfolios. For further information on our team and its activities, please visit our page.
Please submit your application documents in English (cover letter, CV, academic record and relevant additional documents such as certificates, reference letters, etc.), specifying in your cover letter the internship reference (Ref: ACSH122) as well as an indication of your earliest availability by clicking APPLY.