Ardian is a world leading private investment house, managing or advising $141bn of assets on behalf of more than 1,300 clients globally. Our broad expertise, spanning Private Equity, Real Assets and Credit, enables us to offer a wide range of investment opportunities and respond flexibly to our clients’ differing needs. Through Ardian Customized Solutions we create bespoke portfolios that allow institutional clients to specify the precise mix of assets they require and to gain access to funds managed by leading third-party sponsors. We also provide a specialist service for private clients through Ardian Private Wealth Solutions. Ardian is majority-owned by its employees and places great emphasis on developing its people and fostering a collaborative culture based on collective intelligence. Our 900+ employees, spread across 15 offices in Europe, the Americas and Asia, are strongly committed to the principles of Responsible Investment and are determined to make finance a force for good in society. Our goal is to deliver excellent investment performance combined with high ethical standards and social responsibility.
At Ardian we invest all of ourselves in building companies that last.
Ardian Buyout, one of the largest and most active Private Equity funds in Europe, is offering a full time 6-month internship opportunity (starting in January 2023) in the Madrid office to assist in the identification, analysis and execution of potential investment opportunities in Iberia as well as the asset management of the existing portfolio of investments.
The intern will have significant responsibilities from day one and become an integral part of the team. Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the investment team, in particular on the financial analysis and valuation of projects, as well as the preparation of internal documentation
- Maintaining the deal flow
- Conduct market research and prepare industry reports
- Assist in the monitoring of the portfolio
This internship will provide an introduction and global view on the industry of Private Equity, from deal origination to execution and asset management.
The candidate should possess a broad set of quantitative, qualitative and interpersonal skills and be a strong team player with a strong cooperative business style and conviction. Requirements include:
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Solid analytical and reasoning skills, including modelling
- Organisational and planning skills
- Intellectual rigour and discipline
- Perfectionist with attention to detail
- Knowledge of accounting and corporate finance
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Degree, either completed or in the last year of class, from a leading business school or engineering school
- Top class performer
- Previous working experience in one of the following areas is required:
- Private Equity
- M&A or leveraged finance team of a leading financial institution
- Leading strategy consulting firm
- Interest and sound knowledge of corporate finance and Private Equity
- Fluency in English and Spanish is mandatory
About the team
Ardian Buyout team spreads across Paris, Frankfurt, Milan, Madrid, Luxembourg, London, and New York with the aim of investing in upper-mid and large-cap companies. With assets of US$17bn managed or advised, their core investment approach is to implement transformational buy-and-build strategies to help local European and North-American champions grow into global leaders. Putting sustainability at the heart of their business, the multinational investment team, composed of 55+ professionals, has developed strong partnerships with leading players across multiple industries while acquiring a sharp expertise in the food value chain, healthcare, technology and services sectors.
- The full time internship will take place at our central Madrid office
- Compensation according to profile