Ardian is a world-leading private investment house with assets of US$110bn managed or advised in Europe, the Americas and Asia. The company is majority-owned by its employees. It keeps entrepreneurship at its heart and focuses on delivering excellent investment performance to its global investor base.
Through its commitment to shared outcomes for all stakeholders, Ardian’s activities fuel individual, corporate and economic growth around the world.
Holding close its core values of excellence, loyalty and entrepreneurship, Ardian maintains a truly global network, with more than 700 employees working from fifteen offices across Europe (Frankfurt, Jersey, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan, Paris and Zurich), the Americas (New York, San Francisco and Santiago) and Asia (Beijing, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul). It manages funds on behalf of around 1,000 clients through five pillars of investment expertise: Fund of Funds, Direct Funds, Infrastructure, Real Estate and Private Debt.
Ardian’s Private Debt team is offering an internship in the London office to assist in the identification, analysis, and execution of potential private debt investments. Ardian’s Private Debt team is one of the largest and most active private debt players in Europe, with approximately $7 billion under management. The team consists of 18 investment professionals based in London, Paris, and Frankfurt.
Key responsibilities for the intern will include:
- Participate in the investment process (including drafting the investment memorandum and reviewing due diligence work performed in various areas: expert calls, commercial, financial, legal, etc.)
- Participate in the assessment of investment opportunities (business analysis, company valuation, LBO modelling, research of comparables, etc.)
- Collect and analyse information on target companies, competitors and business sectors, as well as prepare materials for external meetings with Management / Sponsors.
- Participation in team meetings and investment committees and helping run the administrative processes for these, including managing our CRM.
- High analytical and intellectual capability
- Knowledge of financial statement analysis, valuation techniques and competency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- The candidate should possess a broad set of quantitative, qualitative and interpersonal skills, and be a strong team player
- Business, Economics, Finance, Science, or Maths degree either completed or due to be completed from a leading business school / university. Minimum 2:1
- A previous internship in one of the following areas would be beneficial:
- Private Equity fund
- M&A or structured/leveraged finance team of a leading European or American bank
- Transaction Services team of a leading audit firm
- Leading strategy consulting firm
- Knowledge of financial engineering and LBO structuring
- Have the right to work in UK
Communication Scope :
- Daily interaction with the investment team, including senior staff
- Joining calls with external sector experts and Management teams
About the Team
Based in Paris, London and Frankfurt, Ardian Private Debt is a leading financing alternative for Europe’s mid-market companies. The 18 investment professionals work closely with private equity sponsors and business owners to understand the specific needs and growth plans of the companies involved. With Private Debt of US$7bn managed or advised, acting as a true partner for growth fuels their motivation in identifying innovative financing options. Providing tailored non-bank financing solutions, the team proved itself adaptable having as core value the objective of offering a full range of flexible funding operations across the entire capital structure.
Please send your Resume + Cover letter by clicking APPLY →