Ardian is a world-leading private investment house with assets of US$114bn managed or advised in Europe, the Americas and Asia. The company is majority-owned by its employees. It keeps entrepreneurship at its heart and focuses on delivering excellent investment performance to its global investor base. Through its commitment to shared outcomes for all stakeholders, Ardian’s activities fuel individual, corporate and economic growth around the world. Holding close its core values of excellence, loyalty and entrepreneurship, Ardian maintains a truly global network, with more than 780 employees working from fifteen offices across Europe (Frankfurt, Jersey, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan, Paris and Zurich), the Americas (New York, San Francisco and Santiago) and Asia (Beijing, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul). It manages funds on behalf of around 1,000 clients through five pillars of investment expertise: Fund of Funds, Direct Funds, Infrastructure, Real Estate and Private Debt. Follow Ardian on Twitter @Ardian
- The intern will join Ardian’s Fund of Funds investment team in London, which is the leading global player in primary and secondary market private equity investing, managing in excess of $53bn. The intern will work on a broad range of investment opportunities. They will be involved with conducting analysis on potential investments, preparing investment recommendations, assisting in the monitoring of existing investments, as well as having involvement in several other aspects of the business.
- The intern will be part of a team of over 75 investment professionals, of which 26 are in London. They will have significant responsibilities from day one.
- This represents a rare opportunity to join a leading private equity firm without requiring the usual 3+ years of M&A or consulting experience.
- This list is not exhaustive and will vary depending on the capabilities of the intern and the needs of the team.
- The candidate should possess a broad set of quantitative, qualitative and interpersonal skills, and be a strong team player
- Intellectual rigour and discipline; ability to organise and perform work efficiently
- Strong commercial understanding of Private Equity
- Strong proficiency in excel, word and powerpoint
- Degree either completed or due to complete from a leading business school or UK university. Minimum 2:1 or equivalent
- A previous internship in one of the following areas would be beneficial:
- Private Equity fund
- M&A or structured/leveraged finance team of a leading European or American bank
- Transaction Services team of a leading audit firm
- Leading strategy consulting firm
- Fluent written and spoken English
Conduct Rule Staff:
- Ensure compliance with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements applicable to the role
- Understand the Individual Conduct Rules set out by the UK Regulator and ensure compliance in letter and in spirit
Right to work:
- Please ensure you have the appropriate right to work in the UK i.e. a British passport, settled or pre-settled status under the EU settlement scheme or have obtained a visa which gives you the right to live and work in the UK
About the team
Since 1999, the multicultural Fund of Funds team composed of 80 investment professionals has developed an unrivalled network and secured preferential positioning to acquire stakes in high-quality private equity and infrastructure funds from institutional investors. Based in Paris, London, Frankfurt, Zurich, New York, San Francisco, Beijing, Singapore, Seoul and Tokyo, the team has demonstrated their resilience in cultivating an extreme level of expertise in Primary, Early Secondary and Secondary sectors. Holder of a world-leading proprietary database, they are able to match any clients’ needs precisely building diversified and focused portfolios. To date, Ardian has the world’s largest Fund of Funds platform, with more than $60bn under management or advisement.
Please send your CV and motivation letter by clicking APPLY →