Ardian is a world-leading private investment house with assets of US$125bn managed or advised in Europe, the Americas and Asia. The company is majority-owned by its employees. It keeps entrepreneurship at its heart and focuses on delivering excellent investment performance to its global investor base. Through its commitment to shared outcomes for all stakeholders, Ardian’s activities fuel individual, corporate and economic growth around the world. Holding close its core values of excellence, loyalty and entrepreneurship, Ardian maintains a truly global network, with more than 850 employees working from fifteen offices across Europe (Frankfurt, Jersey, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan, Paris and Zurich), the Americas (New York, San Francisco and Santiago) and Asia (Beijing, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul). It manages funds on behalf of around 1,000 clients through five pillars of investment expertise: Fund of Funds, Direct Funds, Infrastructure, Real Estate and Private Debt.
Ardian is looking for an intern to join its Compliance and Risk team based in Zurich. Interns are an integral part of the team and work together with the professionals, allowing interns to gain deep insight into the private equity industry.
The duration of the internship is six months, with a start May 2022 (different start dates may be possible. Please indicate in your application your earliest availability).
Tasks would include
- Conduct second-line of defense controls for the Risk and Compliance team
- Analyze, document and consolidate test results
- Review and update guidelines if required based on regulatory changes
- Monitor regulatory developments and derive recommendations
- Prepare risk and compliance related reports
- Complete other assigned tasks on a wide variety of subjects
- Proficient user of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in German and in English (French is a plus)
- Able to work independently
- Be a reliable team player, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Interest in financial market law (FinSA, FinIA, CISA, Data privacy, FINMA regulation, AML, etc.)
- University student or recent graduate in Law, Finance, Banking or Business
- Interest in learning about regulatory topics
- Domiciled and eligible to work in Switzerland
- Experience in relevant areas is a plus, e.g. financial services industry, asset manager, private equity, consulting, audit, compliance, qualitative risk management, regulatory, internal controls.
Using the APPLY link on this page, please submit your application documents in English merged in one pdf (cover letter, CV, academic record and relevant additional documents such as reference letters, certificates, etc.), specifying in your cover letter an indication of your earliest availability.