Ardian is a world-leading private investment house with assets of US$125bn managed or advised in Europe, the Americas and Asia. The company is majority-owned by its employees. It keeps entrepreneurship at its heart and focuses on delivering excellent investment performance to its global investor base.
Through its commitment to shared outcomes for all stakeholders, Ardian’s activities fuel individual, corporate and economic growth around the world.
Holding close its core values of excellence, loyalty and entrepreneurship, Ardian maintains a truly global network, with more than 860 employees working from fifteen offices across Europe (Frankfurt, Jersey, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan, Paris and Zurich), the Americas (New York, San Francisco and Santiago) and Asia (Beijing, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul). It manages funds on behalf of around 1,200 clients through five pillars of investment expertise: Fund of Funds, Direct Funds, Infrastructure, Real Estate and Private Debt.
Ardian’s Buyout team is offering an analyst internship opportunity in the London office to assist in the identification, analysis and execution of investments. Ardian’s Buyout team is one of the most active on the LBO market in Europe, currently investing a seventh-generation fund dedicated to the acquisition and growth support of high-quality companies across various sectors. The Ardian Buyout fund experiences a strong deal flow resulting in a steady investment pace and an actionable pipeline of new investment opportunities for 2022.
The intern analyst will have significant responsibilities from day one and become an integral part of the team, with high levels of interaction with senior management at Ardian, other investment teams and support functions. High performing previous intern analysts have become permanent hires within the Ardian team.
- Collect and analyse information on target companies, their competitors and business sectors, as well as prepare materials for and participate in meetings with industry experts, managers, etc.
- Participate in the assessment of investment opportunities (business analysis, company modelling, company valuation, research of comparables, etc.).
- Participate in the investment process (including drafting the investment memorandum and reviewing due diligence work performed in various areas: commercial, financial, legal, etc.)
- The opportunity to steer the team’s overall investment thesis through writing a sector paper on an industry around which you have conviction
- This list is not exhaustive and will vary depending on the capabilities of the intern and the needs of the team.
- Strong commercial understanding of Private Equity and knowledge of financial engineering and LBO structuring
- The candidate should possess a broad set of quantitative, qualitative and interpersonal skills, and be a strong team player
- Intellectual rigour and discipline; ability to organise and perform work efficiently
- Knowledge of financial statement analysis, valuation techniques and competency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Degree either completed or due to complete from leading business school or university. Minimum 2:1 or equivalent
- At least one previous internship in one of the following areas would be beneficial:
- Private equity fund
- M&A team of a leading investment bank
- Transaction Services team of a leading audit firm
- Leading strategy consulting firm
- English native or fluency
- Integral part of the London Buyout team and their activities, interacting with the junior and senior team members on a daily basis
- Contact with other regional Buyout teams on select topics and occasional interaction with other Ardian teams
- Regular interaction with external advisors (commercial, financial, legal, M&A etc.), experts and management teams
Conduct Rule Staff:
- Ensure compliance with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements applicable to the role
- Understand the Individual Conduct Rules set out by the UK Regulator and ensure compliance in letter and in spirit
Right to work:
- Please ensure you have the appropriate right to work in the UK i.e. a British passport, settled or pre-settled status under the EU settlement scheme or have obtained a visa which gives you the right to live and work in the UK
Please send CV & motivation letter