Ardian is a world-leading private investment house with assets of US$100bn managed or advised in Europe, the Americas and Asia. The company is majority-owned by its employees. It keeps entrepreneurship at its heart and focuses on delivering excellent investment performance to its global investor base.
Through its commitment to shared outcomes for all stakeholders, Ardian’s activities fuel individual, corporate and economic growth around the world.
Holding close its core values of excellence, loyalty and entrepreneurship, Ardian maintains a truly global network, with more than 700 employees working from fifteen offices across Europe (Frankfurt, Jersey, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan, Paris and Zurich), the Americas (New York, San Francisco and Santiago) and Asia (Beijing, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul). It manages funds on behalf of around 1,000 clients through five pillars of investment expertise: Fund of Funds, Direct Funds, Infrastructure, Real Estate and Private Debt.
Ardian Buyout, one of the largest and most active Private Equity funds in Europe, is offering a full time internship opportunity (starting in January 2021) in the Madrid office to assist in the identification, analysis and execution of potential investment opportunities in Iberia as well as the asset management of the existing portfolio of investments.
The intern will have significant responsibilities from day one and become an integral part of the team. Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the investment team, in particular on the financial analysis and valuation of projects, as well as the preparation of internal documentation
- Maintaining the deal flow
- Conduct market research and prepare industry reports
- Assist in the monitoring of the portfolio
- This internship will provide an introduction and global view on the industry of Private Equity, from deal origination to execution and asset management.
The candidate should possess a broad set of quantitative, qualitative and interpersonal skills and be a strong team player with a strong cooperative business style and conviction. Requirements include:
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Solid analytical and reasoning skills, including modelling
- Organisational and planning skills
- Intellectual rigour and discipline
- Perfectionist with attention to detail
- Knowledge of accounting and corporate finance
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Degree, either completed or in the last year of class, from a leading business school or engineering school
- Top class performer
- Previous working experience in one of the following areas is required:
- Private Equity
- M&A or leveraged finance team of a leading financial institution
- Leading strategy consulting firm
- Interest and sound knowledge of corporate finance and Private Equity
- Fluency in English and Spanish is mandatory
Starting date: 4th January 2021.
The full time internship will take place at our central Madrid office.
Remuneration according to profile.
Applicants should send their CV and cover letter (both in English and PDF) by clicking APPLY →