Ardian is a world-leading private investment house with assets of US$125bn managed or advised in Europe, the Americas and Asia. The company is majority-owned by its employees. It keeps entrepreneurship at its heart and focuses on delivering excellent investment performance to its global investor base. Through its commitment to shared outcomes for all stakeholders, Ardian’s activities fuel individual, corporate and economic growth around the world. Holding close its core values of excellence, loyalty and entrepreneurship, Ardian maintains a truly global network, with more than 850 employees working from fifteen offices across Europe (Frankfurt, Jersey, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan, Paris and Zurich), the Americas (New York, San Francisco and Santiago) and Asia (Beijing, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul). It manages funds on behalf of around 1,000 clients through five pillars of investment expertise: Fund of Funds, Direct Funds, Infrastructure, Real Estate and Private Debt.
Ardian’s Buyout and Expansion teams are offering an internship opportunity in the Frankfurt office to assist in the identification, analysis and execution of investments.
The visiting associate will have significant responsibilities from day one and become an integral part of the team, with high levels of interaction with investment professionals from the Buyout and Expansion teams, support functions and external industry experts. High performing previous visiting associates have become permanent hires in the German Ardian team.
Key responsibilities for the visiting associate will include:
- Collect and analyze information on target companies, their competitors and business sectors, as well as prepare materials for and participate in meetings with industry experts, managers, etc.
- Participate in the assessment of investment opportunities (business analysis, financial modelling, company valuation, identification of comparables, interviews with industry participants, etc.).
- Participate in the investment process (including drafting investment memoranda and reviewing due diligence work performed in various areas: commercial, financial, legal, etc.)
- Support monitoring of and preparing potential exits for current Ardian portfolio companies
This list is not exhaustive and will vary depending on the capabilities of the intern and the needs of the team.
- Broad set of quantitative, qualitative and interpersonal skills (strong team player)
- Intellectual rigor and discipline; ability to organize and perform work efficiently
- Excellent analytical skills, with high level of attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of financial statement analysis, financial modelling, valuation
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Degree either completed or due to complete from leading business school or university
- Excellent academic background
- At least one previous internship in one of the following areas would be beneficial:
- Private Equity
- Investment Banking (M&A, LevFin)
- Transaction Services
- Strategy Consulting
- German and English fluency
About the Team
The Ardian Buyout team spreads across Paris, Frankfurt, Milan, Madrid, Luxembourg, London, and New York with the aim of investing in upper-mid and large-cap companies. With assets of US$16bn managed or advised, their core investment approach is to implement transformational buy-and-build strategies to help local European and North-American champions grow into global leaders. Putting sustainability at the heart of their business, the multinational investment team, composed of 52 investment professionals, has developed strong partnerships with leading players across multiple industries while acquiring a strong expertise, especially in the food value chain, healthcare, technology and services sectors.
Compensation according to profile
Please send your Resume + Cover letter by clicking APPLY →