Ardian is a world-leading private investment house with assets of US$112bn managed or advised in Europe, the Americas and Asia. The company is majority-owned by its employees. It keeps entrepreneurship at its heart and focuses on delivering excellent investment performance to its global investor base.
Through its commitment to shared outcomes for all stakeholders, Ardian’s activities fuel individual, corporate and economic growth around the world.
Holding close its core values of excellence, loyalty and entrepreneurship, Ardian maintains a truly global network, with more than 750 employees working from fifteen offices across Europe (Frankfurt, Jersey, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan, Paris and Zurich), the Americas (New York, San Francisco and Santiago) and Asia (Beijing, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul). It manages funds on behalf of around 970 clients through five pillars of investment expertise: Fund of Funds, Direct Funds, Infrastructure, Real Estate and Private Debt.
Interns in the Ardian Infrastructure team assist in the identification, analysis and execution of potential investment opportunities as well as asset management of existing portfolio assets. The internship will provide a global view on the world of infrastructure private equity investment from deal sourcing and execution to asset management and client management.
The intern will have significant responsibilities from day one and become an integral part of the team. Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting investment teams, in particular on the financial analysis and valuation, financial modelling as well as preparation of internal deal material including investment memoranda and valuation presentations
- Financial modelling (Excel): Reviewing and creating financial models including making future business forecasts, valuation and return analysis as well as sensitivity analysis
- Analysis of new deal opportunities and investment perimeters (countries, sectors) through ad-hoc reviews
- Support the Ardian Infrastructure team’s wide asset management activities which will depend on the assets assigned. Asset management work could include, for example, arranging a debt refinancing or working with management teams and external advisors to implement new growth initiatives
- Support the co-investment team by liaising with Ardian deal teams and potential co-investors
- Prepare regular asset management reporting and participate in communication to Ardian clients
- Knowledge of financial statement analysis and valuation techniques
- Knowledge of financial modelling and LBO structuring
- Competency in MS office product suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- The candidate should possess a broad set of quantitative, qualitative and interpersonal skills, and be a strong team player able to work under pressure
- Intellectual rigor and discipline
- Ability to organize and perform work efficiently
- Degree either completed or due to complete from a leading business school or university. Minimum 2:1 or equivalent.
- A previous internship in one of the following areas would be beneficial: Private Equity fund, M&A or structured/leveraged finance team of a leading European or American bank, Transaction Services team of a leading audit firm, Leading strategy consulting firm
- Please ensure you have the appropriate right to work in the UK i.e. a British passport, settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme or have obtained a visa which gives you the right to live and work in the UK
- High level of communication skills required, both verbally and in writing.
- Interns will regularly be required to communicate with internal and external contacts. Communication could include interaction with Ardian clients, other Ardian teams, operating partners, external parties such as advisors and consultants.
- Moreover, interns will frequently interact with members of the Ardian Infrastructure team located in other geographies.
- Fluent written and spoken English. French and/or German would be an asset.
Conduct Rule Staff
- Ensure compliance with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements applicable to the role
- Understand the Individual Conduct Rules set out by the UK Regulator and ensure compliance in letter and in spirit
About the Team
Ardian Infrastructure team is an international leader in essential infrastructures. With assets of US$16bn managed or advised, Ardian Infrastructure funds invest in a comprehensive range of infrastructure assets, key to the populations, focusing in particular on energy, transport and telecommunications. Based in Paris, London, Luxembourg, Milan, Madrid, New York and Santiago de Chile, the team has built trusting relationships and developed a deep understanding of how digitalization and climate change are transforming their sector. In that regard, the 50 investment professionals are committed to drive innovation and anticipate the future of Infrastructure. Their strategy consists in creating a major renewable energy portfolio and introducing energy efficiency policies in all portfolio companies.
Please send your Resume + Cover letter by clicking APPLY →