Ardian is a world-leading private investment house with assets of US$103bn managed or advised in Europe, the Americas and Asia. The company is majority-owned by its employees. It keeps entrepreneurship at its heart and focuses on delivering excellent investment performance to its global investor base. Through its commitment to shared outcomes for all stakeholders, Ardian’s activities fuel individual, corporate and economic growth around the world. Holding close its core values of excellence, loyalty and entrepreneurship, Ardian maintains a truly global network, with more than 780 employees working from fifteen offices across Europe (Frankfurt, Jersey, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan, Paris and Zurich), the Americas (New York, San Francisco and Santiago) and Asia (Beijing, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul). It manages funds on behalf of around 1,000 clients through five pillars of investment expertise: Fund of Funds, Direct Funds, Infrastructure, Real Estate and Private Debt. Follow Ardian on Twitter @Ardian
Within the Fund Finance team, the Intern Junior Fund Officer will be part of a team composed of 26 people located in London and New York. Its core focus is structured across four main responsibilities: Fund Monitoring, Cash Management, Control and Reporting.
The intern will be working closely with various members of the team to support the workflow on their respective perimeter of funds and vehicles. It will involve day-to-day tasks, transversal projects and widespread communication across the firm.
- Supervision and monitoring of investment vehicles, master funds and parallel funds.
- Reconciliation of weekly dashboards for various meetings, as well as optimisation of cash held at numerous levels of investments.
- Working on recurrent analysis and ad-hoc queries with other departments among the firm (Investment team, Investor relation, Compliance, Legal, Treasury, etc.).
- Preparation of debt related tasks for multiple vehicles (covenants, reporting, repayments, interest computation, etc.).
- Reconciliation of financial information – Ensure the quality of the data in requisite financial software dedicated to the Fund Finance team.
- Assisting with fund valuations and the computation of performance indicators (IRR, DPI, TVPI) on a quarterly basis.
- Review and validation of partnership accounting, partner’s capital statements and US/UK GAAP financial statements.
- Preparing communication supports and investor deliverables: company level diversification, Management Reports, Advisory Board presentations.
- Knowledge of financial statement analysis and valuation techniques
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- The candidate should possess a broad set of quantitative, qualitative, interpersonal skills and be a strong team player with the ability to work well under pressure
- Intellectual rigor, discipline and curiosity
- Ability to organize and perform work efficiently
- Degree either completed or due to complete from a leading business school or university. Minimum 2:1 or equivalent.
- A previous internship in one of the following areas would be beneficial: Private Equity fund, M&A or structured/leveraged finance team of a leading European or American bank, Transaction Services team of a leading audit firm, Leading strategy consulting firm
Conduct Rule Staff:
- Ensure compliance with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements applicable to the role
- Understand the Individual Conduct Rules set out by the UK Regulator and ensure compliance in letter and in spirit
Right to work:
- Please ensure you have the appropriate right to work in the UK i.e. a British passport, settled or pre-settled status under the EU settlement scheme or have obtained a visa which gives you the right to live and work in the UK
- The candidate will be required to liaise directly with various internal team members and should be confident in requesting / providing information to all levels of management
- The role will require frequent interaction with other teams in the UK, and from other Ardian offices / geographies