Ardian is a world-leading private investment house with assets of US$100bn managed or advised in Europe, the Americas and Asia. The company is majority-owned by its employees. It keeps entrepreneurship at its heart and focuses on delivering excellent investment performance to its global investor base.
Through its commitment to shared outcomes for all stakeholders, Ardian’s activities fuel individual, corporate and economic growth around the world.
Holding close its core values of excellence, loyalty and entrepreneurship, Ardian maintains a truly global network, with 700 employees working from fifteen offices across Europe (Frankfurt, Jersey, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan, Paris and Zurich), the Americas (New York, San Francisco and Santiago) and Asia (Beijing, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul). It manages funds on behalf of around 1,000 clients through five pillars of investment expertise: Fund of Funds, Direct Funds, Infrastructure, Real Estate and Private Debt.
The Client Servicing Team
The Investor Relations department is in charge of the fundraising activities as well as managing current relationships with existing investors and is structured around three teams; Sales force, Client Servicing and Product Management.
Composed of 10 professionals, the Client Servicing Team is split across Paris, London and New York. Its core focus is to address all investor inquiries and to produce standard or tailor-made reporting in a timely manner and with the highest standards on the full scope of Ardian’s activities (Mid-Cap Buyout, Expansion, Co-Investments, Fund of Funds, Infrastructure, Private Debt and Real Estate).
The internship will be based in Paris and will contribute towards the following tasks, amongst others:
Preparing specific or standardized reporting for Investors across the world:
- Production of tailor-made transversal reporting (historical and projected performance, Cash Flow projections, portfolio diversification, investment simulation)
- Answering ad-hoc reporting requests from investors in order to address their internal monitoring requirements
- Production of regulatory reporting in the frame of European Union Directives (Solvency II, PRIPS, etc…) or national reporting requirement
Addressing ad-hoc queries:
- Providing investors with detailed answers to technical questions on quantitative/qualitative data included in reporting, communications or any development regarding the company/funds activity.
Contribution to Fundraising:
- Producing quantitative and financial data in the frame of prospective investors Due Diligence: Historical and projected Cash Flows, performance indicators (IRR, Multiple, Yield, etc…) at fund and asset/transaction level as well as characteristics and financial metrics evolution of assets in Portfolio, funds’ modelling.
- Working on the update of Marketing Sets of funds being raised (Excel Due Diligence Pack, Marketing presentation, PPM).
- Portfolio modelling including investment simulation in new funds.
Use and update of internal and external database:
- Continuous update of internal database on Funds’ activity: historical and projected Cash Flows, performance, fund’s diversification, etc…
- Quarterly update of the Investor Database, analysis of its composition and evolution for statistical purposes and calculation of the amount of Assets under Management
- Quarterly update of Ardian funds’ performance for external database providers (PREQIN, Towers Watson, Mercer, Cambridge)
- Benchmarking of Ardian funds against the Private Equity Market (PME+, Cambridge)
- High proficiency in Excel and good knowledge of the other Microsoft Office programs
- Good knowledge of Corporate and Private Equity funds’ financial models
- Strong attention to detail
- Autonomous approach
- Interpersonal skills and ability to be a strong team player
- Master’s degree and/or Major in Finance from a top tier Business/Engineering School or University (final or gap year internship)
- A first experience in Finance is required (at least 6 months)
- Fluency in French and English are required for this role
Compensation according to profile
Public transport card covered and lunch vouchers
Internship agreement is compulsory
Please send Cv + motivation letter by clicking APPLY →