Ardian is a world-leading private investment house with assets of US$110bn managed or advised in Europe, the Americas and Asia. The company is majority-owned by its employees. It keeps entrepreneurship at its heart and focuses on delivering excellent investment performance to its global investor base. Through its commitment to shared outcomes for all stakeholders, Ardian’s activities fuel individual, corporate and economic growth around the world. Holding close its core values of excellence, loyalty and entrepreneurship, Ardian maintains a truly global network, with more than 720 employees working from fifteen offices across Europe (Frankfurt, Jersey, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan, Paris and Zurich), the Americas (New York, San Francisco and Santiago) and Asia (Beijing, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul). It manages funds on behalf of around 1,000 clients through five pillars of investment expertise: Fund of Funds, Direct Funds, Infrastructure, Real Estate and Private Debt. Follow Ardian on Twitter @Ardian
The intern will have significant responsibilities from day one and become an integral part of the team. Key responsibilities include:
- Collect and analyze information on target companies, their competitors and business sectors, as well as prepare materials for and participate in meetings with industry experts, managers, etc.
- Participate in the assessment of investment opportunities (business analysis, financial modelling, company valuation, identification of comparables, interviews with industry participants, etc.).
- Participate in the investment process (including drafting investment memoranda and reviewing due diligence work performed in various areas: commercial, financial, legal, etc.)
- Support monitoring of and preparing potential exits for current Ardian portfolio companies
This internship will provide an introduction and global view on the industry of Private Equity, from deal origination to execution and asset management.
The candidate should possess a broad set of quantitative, qualitative and interpersonal skills and be a strong team player with a strong cooperative business style and conviction. Requirements include:
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Solid analytical and reasoning skills, including modelling
- Organisational and planning skills
- Intellectual rigour and discipline
- Perfectionist with attention to detail
- Knowledge of accounting and corporate finance
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Degree, either completed or in the last year of class, from a leading business school or engineering school
- Top class performer
- Previous working experience in one of the following areas is required:
- Private Equity
- M&A or leveraged finance team of a leading financial institution
- Leading strategy consulting firm
- Interest and sound knowledge of corporate finance and Private Equity
- Fluency in English and Spanish is mandatory
About the team
Ardian Buyout team spreads across Paris, Frankfurt, Milan, Madrid, Luxembourg, London, and New York with the aim of investing in upper-mid and large-cap companies. With assets of US$17bn managed or advised, their core investment approach is to implement transformational buy-and-build strategies to help local European and North-American champions grow into global leaders. Putting sustainability at the heart of their business, the multinational investment team, composed of 52 investment professionals, has developed strong partnerships with leading players across multiple industries while acquiring a sharp expertise in the food value chain, healthcare, technology and services sectors.
- Compensation according to profile
Please send your Resume + Cover letter by clicking APPLY →