Ardian is a world-leading private investment house with assets of US$112bn managed or advised in Europe, the Americas and Asia. The company is majority-owned by its employees. It keeps entrepreneurship at its heart and focuses on delivering excellent investment performance to its global investor base. Through its commitment to shared outcomes for all stakeholders, Ardian’s activities fuel individual, corporate and economic growth around the world. Holding close its core values of excellence, loyalty and entrepreneurship, Ardian maintains a truly global network, with more than 730 employees working from fifteen offices across Europe (Frankfurt, Jersey, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan, Paris and Zurich), the Americas (New York, San Francisco and Santiago) and Asia (Beijing, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul). It manages funds on behalf of around 1,000 clients through five pillars of investment expertise: Fund of Funds, Direct Funds, Infrastructure, Real Estate and Private Debt.
Follow Ardian on Twitter @Ardian
Ardian’s Buyout team is offering an analyst internship opportunity in the Milan office to assist in the identification, analysis and execution of investments as well as in the monitoring activities of the portfolio companies.
The intern analyst will have significant responsibilities from day one and become an integral part of the team, with high levels of interaction with senior management at Ardian, other investment teams and support functions. High performing previous intern analysts have become permanent hires into the Ardian team.
Key responsibilities for the intern analyst will include:
- Collect and analyse information on target companies, their competitors and business sectors, as well as prepare materials for and participate to meetings with industry experts, managers, etc.
- Participate in the assessment of investment opportunities (business analysis, company modelling, company valuation, research of comparables, etc.).
- Participate in the investment process (including drafting the investment memorandum and reviewing due diligence work performed in various areas: commercial, financial, legal, etc.)
- The opportunity to steer the team’s overall investment thesis through writing a sector paper on an industry around which you have conviction
- Participate in the portfolio monitoring activities (investor report preparation, internal report preparation, build-up, etc.).
- This list is not exhaustive and will vary depending on the capabilities of the intern and the needs of the team.
- The candidate should possess a broad set of quantitative, qualitative and interpersonal skills, and be a strong team player with a strong cooperative business style and conviction
- Intellectual rigour and discipline; ability to organise and perform work efficiently
- Excellent analytical skills, with high level of attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of financial statement analysis, valuation techniques and financial modelling
- Advanced skills in excel, word and powerpoint
- Degree either completed or due to complete from leading business or engineering school or university. Top class former
- Strong commercial understanding of Private Equity
- At least one previous internship in one of the following areas would be beneficial:
- Private equity fund
- M&A team of a leading investment bank
- Leverage finance team of a leading investment bank
- Transaction Services team of a leading audit firm
- Leading strategy consulting firm
- Knowledge of financial engineering and LBO structuring
- English and Italian fluency is mandatory
About the Team
Ardian Buyout team spreads across Paris, Frankfurt, Milan, Madrid, Luxembourg, London, and New York with the aim of investing in upper-mid and large-cap companies. With assets of US$15bn managed or advised, their core investment approach is to implement transformational buy-and-build strategies to help local European and North-American champions grow into global leaders. Putting sustainability at the heart of their business, the multinational investment team, composed of 50 professionals, has developed strong partnerships with leading players across multiple industries while acquiring a sharp expertise in the food value chain, healthcare, technology and services sectors.
The analyst trainee will be helping the Italian Buyout team, currently consisting of 7 investment professionals.
Compensation according to profile
Please send your Resume + Cover letter by clicking APPLY →