Ardian is a world-leading private investment house with assets of US$114bn managed or advised in Europe, the Americas and Asia. The company is majority-owned by its employees. It keeps entrepreneurship at its heart and focuses on delivering excellent investment performance to its global investor base. Through its commitment to shared outcomes for all stakeholders, Ardian’s activities fuel individual, corporate and economic growth around the world. Holding close its core values of excellence, loyalty and entrepreneurship, Ardian maintains a truly global network, with more than 700 employees working from fifteen offices across Europe (Frankfurt, Jersey, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan, Paris and Zurich), the Americas (New York, San Francisco and Santiago) and Asia (Beijing, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul). It manages funds on behalf of around 1,000 clients through five pillars of investment expertise: Fund of Funds, Direct Funds, Infrastructure, Real Estate and Private Debt.
Ardian’s Expansion team is offering an analyst internship opportunity in the Milan office to assist in the identification, analysis and execution of investments.
The intern analyst will have significant responsibilities from day one and become an integral part of the team, with high levels of interaction with senior management at Ardian, other investment teams and support functions.
Key responsibilities for the intern analyst will include:
- Collect and analyse information on target companies, their competitors and business sectors, as well as prepare materials for and participate to meetings with industry experts, advisors, etc.
- Participate in the assessment of investment opportunities (business analysis, research of comparables, company modelling, company valuation, etc.).
- Participate in the investment process (including drafting the investment memorandum and reviewing due diligence work performed in various areas: commercial, financial, legal, etc.)
This list is not exhaustive and will vary depending on the capabilities of the intern and the needs of the team.
- The candidate should possess a broad set of quantitative, qualitative and interpersonal skills, and be a strong team player
- Curiosity, intellectual rigour and discipline; ability to organise and perform work efficiently
- Knowledge of financial statement analysis, valuation techniques and competency in Office suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint), MergerMarket, Aida/Orbis, Factset/CapitalIQ
- Degree either completed or due to complete from leading business school or university
- Strong commercial understanding of Private Equity
- At least one previous internship in one of the following areas would be beneficial:
- Private equity fund
- M&A team of a leading investment bank
- Transaction Services team of a leading audit firm
- Leading strategy consulting firm
- Knowledge of financial engineering and LBO structuring
- Italian and English fluency
About the Team
Based in Paris, Frankfurt and Milan, the Ardian Expansion team invests in growing mid-size companies across the Eurozone economies offering a powerful combination in their positions of expert in building domestic strength and key partner for international growth. Alongside talented entrepreneurs, the 29 investment professionals have acquired the ability to identify specific growth characteristics leading to the full expression of an efficient buy-and-build strategy. Ardian Expansion puts long-term value creation at the heart of their activity, focusing on sustainable and digital transformational approach to help businesses become resilient international leaders. The team is currently investing its 5th generation fund of €2bn.
Please send your CV, motivation letter and university transcript records by clicking APPLY →