Ardian is a world-leading private investment house with assets of US$120bn managed or advised in Europe, the Americas and Asia. The company is majority-owned by its employees. It keeps entrepreneurship at its heart and focuses on delivering excellent investment performance to its global investor base. Through its commitment to shared outcomes for all stakeholders, Ardian’s activities fuel individual, corporate and economic growth around the world. Holding close its core values of excellence, loyalty and entrepreneurship, Ardian maintains a truly global network, with more than 830 employees working from fifteen offices across Europe (Frankfurt, Jersey, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan, Paris and Zurich), the Americas (New York, San Francisco and Santiago) and Asia (Beijing, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul). It manages funds on behalf of around 1,000 clients through five pillars of investment expertise: Fund of Funds, Direct Funds, Infrastructure, Real Estate and Private Debt.
Ardian’s Private Debt team is offering an internship opportunity in the Frankfurt office to assist in the identification, analysis, execution and portfolio monitoring of investments.
The intern will have significant responsibilities from day one, become an integral part of the team, with a high level of interaction with all Private Debt team members at Ardian, other investment teams, and support functions.
Key responsibilities for the intern include:
- Research and analysis of companies, markets and identifying investment opportunities
- Financial modelling of LBOs
- Supporting the team in the due diligence process
- Participating in the preparation of investment proposals
- Supporting the process up to the investment decision
- Assisting in preparation of pitch books and client presentations
- Assisting in portfolio monitoring
This list is non-exhaustive and will vary depending on the intern’s capabilities and the needs of the team.
- Advanced university degree (advanced bachelor's degree or advanced master's degree) in business administration, economics or a similar field of study from a renowned university
- Study focus: Finance, Accounting, Controlling, Strategic Management, etc.
- Excellent scholastic and academic performance
- First practical experience in internships in related fields (e.g. M&A, private debt, leveraged finance, strategy consulting, private equity, transaction services of a leading accounting firm)
- Highly motivated, able to work under pressure and a strong ability to work in a team
- Very good knowledge of German and English, orally and in writing
About the Team
Ardian Private Debt manages approximately €8 billion and is one of Europe's leading and established providers of private debt solutions such as unitranche and subordinated debt instruments. Investment teams are located in Frankfurt, Paris and London, each with a respective regional focus. The Frankfurt team focuses predominantly on transactions taking place in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Compensation according to profile
Please send your CV and a motivation letter incl. information on your availability dates by clicking APPLY →