Ardian is a world-leading private investment house with assets of US$120bn managed or advised in Europe, the Americas and Asia. The company is majority-owned by its employees. It keeps entrepreneurship at its heart and focuses on delivering excellent investment performance to its global investor base. Through its commitment to shared outcomes for all stakeholders, Ardian’s activities fuel individual, corporate and economic growth around the world. Holding close its core values of excellence, loyalty and entrepreneurship, Ardian maintains a truly global network, with more than 830 employees working from fifteen offices across Europe (Frankfurt, Jersey, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan, Paris and Zurich), the Americas (New York, San Francisco and Santiago) and Asia (Beijing, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul). It manages funds on behalf of around 1,000 clients through five pillars of investment expertise: Fund of Funds, Direct Funds, Infrastructure, Real Estate and Private Debt.
Ardian’s Infrastructure team is offering a graduate opportunity in the Luxembourg office to assist in the asset management of existing portfolio of investments as well as identification, analysis and execution of potential investments opportunities.
Ardian’s Infrastructure team is one of the largest and most active in Europe.
The intern will have significant responsibilities from day one. He/She will mainly work with the Infrastructure Team Director based in Luxembourg but will also be fully integrated to the rest of the team based in Paris, London, Madrid and Milan.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the team in monitoring companies in which the fund has already invested
- Preparing internal reporting presentations (Boards of directors, Committees) as well as clients reporting
- Analysis of new investment perimeters (countries, sectors) through ad-hoc reviews with a special focus on German speaking countries
- Supporting the investment team, in particular on the financial analysis and valuation of investment opportunities: presentation, modelling (Excel): forecasts, financial optimisation, sensitivities
- Work alongside the financing team which is based in Luxembourg on various ongoing project (financing at acquisition, refinancing, etc…)
This internship will provide a global view on the world of investment, asset management as well as fund management.
The candidate should possess a broad set of quantitative, qualitative and interpersonal skills and be a strong team player with a strong cooperative business style and conviction. Requirements include:
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Solid analytical and reasoning skills, including modelling
- Organisational and planning skills
- Intellectual rigour and discipline
- Perfectionist with attention to detail
- Knowledge of accounting and corporate finance
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Degree either completed or due to complete from leading business school or university
- Strong commercial understanding of Private Equity
- At least one previous experience in one of the following areas would be beneficial:
- Private equity
- Transaction Services team of a leading audit firm
- Leading strategy consulting firm
- Knowledge of financial engineering and fund structuring
- Fluency in English and French is mandatory
About the Team
Ardian Infrastructure team is an international leader in essential infrastructures. With assets of US$19bn+ managed or advised, Ardian Infrastructure funds invest in a comprehensive range of infrastructure assets, key to the populations, focusing in particular on energy, transport and telecommunications. Based in Paris, London, Luxembourg, Milan, Madrid, New York and Santiago de Chile, the team has built trusting relationships and developed a deep understanding of how digitalization and climate change are transforming their sector. In that regard, the 50 investment professionals are committed to drive innovation and anticipate the future of Infrastructure. Their strategy consists in creating a major renewable energy portfolio and introducing energy efficiency policies in all portfolio companies.
Remuneration according to profile
Please send your Resume + Cover letter by clicking APPLY →