Ardian is a world-leading private investment house with assets of US$110bn managed or advised in Europe, the Americas and Asia. The company is majority-owned by its employees. It keeps entrepreneurship at its heart and focuses on delivering excellent investment performance to its global investor base. Through its commitment to shared outcomes for all stakeholders, Ardian’s activities fuel individual, corporate and economic growth around the world. Holding close its core values of excellence, loyalty and entrepreneurship, Ardian maintains a truly global network, with more than 720 employees working from fifteen offices across Europe (Frankfurt, Jersey, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan, Paris and Zurich), the Americas (New York, San Francisco and Santiago) and Asia (Beijing, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul). It manages funds on behalf of around 1,000 clients through five pillars of investment expertise: Fund of Funds, Direct Funds, Infrastructure, Real Estate and Private Debt. Follow Ardian on Twitter @Ardian
Ardian’s Infrastructure team is offering an internship opportunity in the Madrid office to assist in the identification, analysis and execution of potential investments opportunities as well as asset management of existing portfolio of investments. Ardian’s Infrastructure team is one of the largest and most active Infrastructure fund in Europe.
The intern will have significant responsibilities from day one and become an integral part of the team. Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the investment team, in particular on the financial analysis and valuation
- Modelling (Excel): forecasts, financial optimisation, sensitivities
- Analysis of new investment perimeters (countries, sectors) through ad-hoc reviews
- Taking part in real transactions: acquisitions and project financing
This internship will provide a global view on the world of investment: valuation of assets, use of leverage in project financing, hedging of interests rates and currencies.
The candidate should possess a broad set of quantitative, qualitative and interpersonal skills and be a strong team player with a strong cooperative business style and conviction. Requirements include:
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Solid analytical and reasoning skills, including modelling
- Organisational and planning skills
- Intellectual rigour and discipline
- Perfectionist with attention to detail
- Knowledge of accounting and corporate finance
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Degree, either completed or in the last year of class, from a leading business school or engineering school
- Top class performer
- Previous working experience in one of the following areas is required:
- Private Equity
- M&A or leveraged finance team of a leading financial institution
- Leading strategy consulting firm
- Interest and sound knowledge of corporate finance and Private Equity
- Fluency in English and Spanish is mandatory
About the Team
Ardian Infrastructure team is an international leader in essential infrastructures. With assets of US$16bn managed or advised, Ardian Infrastructure funds invest in a comprehensive range of infrastructure assets, key to the populations, focusing in particular on energy, transport and telecommunications. Based in Paris, London, Luxembourg, Milan, Madrid, New York and Santiago de Chile, the team has built trusting relationships and developed a deep understanding of how digitalization and climate change are transforming their sector. In that regard, the 50 investment professionals are committed to drive innovation and anticipate the future of Infrastructure. Their strategy consists in creating a major renewable energy portfolio and introducing energy efficiency policies in all portfolio companies.
- The internship will take place at our Madrid office.
- Remuneration according to profile.
Please send your Resume + Cover letter mentioning job reference Infrastructure Internship - Madrid by clicking APPLY →