Ardian is a world-leading private investment house with assets of US$100bn managed or advised in Europe, the Americas and Asia. The company is majority-owned by its employees. It keeps entrepreneurship at its heart and focuses on delivering excellent investment performance to its global investor base.
Through its commitment to shared outcomes for all stakeholders, Ardian’s activities fuel individual, corporate and economic growth around the world.
Holding close its core values of excellence, loyalty and entrepreneurship, Ardian maintains a truly global network, with more than 670 employees working from fifteen offices across Europe (Frankfurt, Jersey, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan, Paris and Zurich), the Americas (New York, San Francisco and Santiago) and Asia (Beijing, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul). It manages funds on behalf of around 1,000 clients through five pillars of investment expertise: Fund of Funds, Direct Funds, Infrastructure, Real Estate and Private Debt.
The Financial Officer will be in charge of the following tasks:
- Analysis and reporting of Portfolio and Investors performances of each investment vehicle
- Preparation of quarterly valuations of funds to be reported to the valuation committee
- Reporting to investors on a regular (Valuation conference, Advisory Boards) and ad-hoc basis (questions over the current crisis)
- Assessing the impacts of the current economic environment on the leverage of the funds and their performances
- Participate to new deal set ups to ensure that modelisation issues are covered and ensure that the models in place are in line with the Legal documentation
- Communicate with the teams involved in the exchange of information both financial and accounting:
- Front Office with the different offices in Paris, London, New York and Singapore
- Administrators based both in Jersey and Luxembourg
- Monitoring and control of fund cash flows both at Investor and Portfolio level (including a follow up of hedging contracts and FX gain/loss)
- Control and review of accounting and quarterly financial statements of the funds including liaising with external fund administrators and fund accountants;
- Responsibility for debt and interest payments and various reporting to debt providers
- Legal and regulatory watch around the fund of funds environment (AIFMD, regulatory body FCA, CSSF…)
- Use the IT tools to their full extent to fulfill the above duties (eFront/Business Objects)
- Drive for results - delivers high quality work
- Team player & cross-cultural awareness - Works effectively in a team. Collaborates and shares information and solutions with colleagues, with other teams and stakeholders
- Strong analytical mindset
- Organised & Motivated
The Financial Officer based in London will have had the following exposure:
- Strong academic ; Msc in Finance
- Strong inter-personally - this person will need to be inquisitive by nature and enjoy multiple challenges
- Excellent handling of Excel
- Financial Modelling
- This person will need to want to progress their career within the Private Equity space or Asset Management
- Professional French would be a plus
- About the team
Within the Fund Finance team, the Financial Officer will be part for the Fund Finance Funds of Funds team composed of 25 people. The Fund Finance role is to oversee and manage all of the analytical, financial and accounting aspects of an investment fund.
Compensation according to profile
60% refund on public transport cost
Please send Cv + motivation letter with the reference – FF FOF UK by clicking APPLY →